View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 10:22 PM   #46
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Yeah, not a huge difference in sharpness, just a color tone difference. Do you just prefer warm tones or something?

I did however see their cameras were all configured to different color tones which was distracting. There are people with the station monitoring this, why they chose to do nothing about it is beyond me. Maybe just satisfied with half assed technical production work. The SNET way, it seems.
Yeah the actual picture quality is virtually identical nowadays. There used to be a big drop off with SNET.

The colour balance is for sure off with that broadcast. There are a couple arenas that for whatever reason are quite drastically different. Arizona and Anaheim were bad last year, though the Flames game in Anaheim last week was way better already.

As mentioned, some people prefer cooler colour temp, however the SNET broadcast had that extremely cool temperature for the standard live cameras, and then several of their closeup cameras were warm. So something is wrong with the broadcast control.

When I work on the clips I do my best to neutralize all the "off" colours. Some arenas (and their lighting) tend to look quite green, or yellow, or purple. White jerseys looking hot pink is a big indicator.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote