View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 10:13 AM   #17
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Writers that shouldn't be allowed to work : Orci and Kurtzman.
Director's that shouldn't be allowed to work : Snyder.

I'm going to see if I can put an entire crew together, but this is where I start, with guys that have had way too many high profile projects in which they are the weak link.

After sleeping on it, I've come to the conclusion that anything that was touched by Luthor took away from the movie as a whole. Even Doomsday, brought to life randomly after Luthor apparently downloaded the knowledge of 100000 worlds, which included everything that you should NEVER do.

Doomsday was a blend of Luthor and Zod. That's a lot of material with which to build a character, and yet Doomsday had none of the traits of either man. He was the Abomination with less personality.

If all of Kryton's knowledge was downloaded into Luthor, that is a good reason for him to wig out, but he wasn't charming and stable before that point, so..... and he also said, 'Tell me everything', which would suggest a Motion Picture kind of learning montage, and absolutely not enough time for Luthor to learn how to build Doomsday in the first place.

Let alone pinpoint Darkseid as the one being in the galaxy who would take an interest in Earth.
Did he have visions about the Lanterns? The Guardians?
Other weird space stuff? Green people?
Why Darkseid? Didn't a 95% naked Starfire floating around the cosmos warrant a glace?

Screw off, Luthor. You weak ass character rendition.

I really liked all of the non-Luthor parts. I'll write about a useful and intelligent Alfred at a later time. And giving Batman a past without exposition. And Perry White being the best of the Superman cast. And Wonder Woman possibly being able to dismember Superman.

Damn it, Snyder. Why such great visuals interspersed with the storytelling ability of a five year old?