View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #14
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
My wife's doctor heard what she thought might be a murmur, so she sent her for some tests. Turns out it was nothing. Simply by having those tests done she was denied life insurance. She was successful in getting mortgage insurance, but if she happens to die of a heart-related matter we've been told to expect that they won't pay.

Insurance is pretty great.
I just thought that I would post and say that I could almost surely get a standard offer for your wife in this case. I sent you a PM to that effect as well.

I have no idea who you applied through or things like that, but I can tell you that as an independent broker we have access to a number of different companies for these reasons (some have varying standards), and frankly, some of us will go to bat to get things placed and make sure that the policy is written (as best as we can!)

I have a client with a hole in her heart who is otherwise healthy and I got her standard coverage for a full standalone life policy. It sometimes takes some effort on the part of the advisor, and there are no guarantees, but its a lot better than the mortgage coverage with the exclusion!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote