View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #4659
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
The other day my almost 2 year old got ridiculously excited when he saw a plane flying over head. Could barely contain himself. So I figure taking him to the airport to watch planes takeoff and land might be a fun way to spend a morning.

What part of the airport would be the best place to do this? (Good view, maybe a food place close by, maybe away from a really congested area if there is one?.
If you want to go to the airport itself, I would recommend the food court in the old terminal. You can look out the windows and a variety of food right there. There is also a little play area on the departures level, right at the end near WestJet domestic (A) or on the arrival level near door 3 (Jugo Juice near that one). If your child likes dogs too, you may run into some of the airport visitor dogs if you go Thursday, Friday, or Saturday between 10-11:30 or 6-7:30. They often go behind security, so you're probably more likely to run into them near the start of their shifts (their dressing room is near the playground on the arrivals level).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post: