View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #9
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
^ Yeah I know what you mean. And with the Flames sitting at 2-3 against the Pacific they need to start banking those points. Give Rittich the start against Montreal, and if he shows well, even in a close loss, go back to him for Edmonton. If one thing has been consistent its that even in his better efforts (shut out excluded obviously) Smith lets in one bad early one or one bad late one. Can't risk that against what will no doubt be a fired up Edmonton team.

Also, they can't let Gully come back here and leave with a win. No way.
That's a game plan I'd love to see. Rittich (esp with the MTL record you point out) seems like the obvious start for Thurs, and a huge opportunity to earn that Saturday start should be out there for him.

I was glad Haynes looked at how early in games Smith has put the team behind too. I think it was Tkachuk that mentioned how they need to curb that, as starting every game on your heels has to be exhausting. It was interesting to see how often Smith put them in that position vs. Rittich as "Smith has given up a goal on one of the first six shots he’s faced in nine of his 12 starts" is pretty concerning.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote