View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 12:18 AM   #525
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
If it wasn't so depressing losing, I would be laughing at how comical the incredible amount of bad luck is. Yeah, there are lots of things that I think could have been adjusted well, but FFS, that's a full season's worth of bad luck in just 3 games!

Ducks had absolutely no answer for the Flames until... they did. Flames played a very, very good game imposing their will on the Ducks, and then got rattled.

I would have liked to have seen Elliott pulled after the 3rd goal, or at least call a time-out and settle the team down. Yeah, sucks that you might lose a coach's challenge and regret it, but not doing either one of those things just allowed Anaheim to build their momentum, while having your rattled team be sent back on the ice.

Silver lining is that at least we can see the Flames being able to play a very dominating, fast-paced game. Monahan is the man. Lots of great players stepped up. Need to make sure Versteeg is re-signed. Flames will not be making the mistake of re-signing Elliott to a long-term contract (don't think he gets re-signed at all actually).

It isn't over... but it sure feels as if it is. Few teams come back down 3-0, and to have to win at least 2 games in an arena they have been unable to win at for over a decade is asking for a miracle at this point.

Who the heck pissed off the hockey gods so terribly? Seriously, I am a believer that you make your own luck, but damn this team has been experiencing some serious bad luck.

This team is too easily rattled. It just feels so different than 2 seasons ago when this team seemed so much more confident. Now they are easily rattled. A way better team, playing a more efficient system, but that swagger is not there. Face a bit of adversity, and they just become so rattled.

Well, I will be hoping for a miracle. I will just be happy to see the Flames show up and play hard though. Just win one game please. I feel like I am begging a girl who just broke up with me for one more night of pleasure before bidding farewell... Just one more night this season Flames, let me go to sleep with a smile on my face.
How do you even motivate the group when they played their best game, hit everything in sight, was disciplined, and dominated in chances, yet STILL lost? These guys are only human, and I'm betting it gets in their heads now.

I just can't see them even winning the next game. Which is gonna suck, cuz it'll be my first playoff game ever, only to see them get swept lol.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote