View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 04:46 PM   #49
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerplunk View Post
Ya, that hit was crap. Just re-watched it to remember what happened, and there is no way a goalie with all that padding should get a free charge and high hit on a guy like that....especially not with how goalies are coddled behind the net any other time. Karsen was a good player.

On a slight tangent, looks like the season opener is now in December, instead of the usual January. Anyone know why they bumped the season start up?
I don't know for sure but it could be a couple reasons
- They likely can get some strong attendance including from families around Christmas.
- Attendance can fall as the season gets into the Spring.
- Paving the way for a longer schedule when expansion starts. Philly being added next year along with San Diego. I expect a couple additional Canadian markets to be next (Edmonton for sure, but perhaps another Ontario team), plus Minnesota should get a team back at some point. So I think if things go well the league could grow significantly in 3-5 years. And the talent is there support it. There is a really high number of players good enough to play in the NLL but there aren't enough jobs to go around. Almost every player in the league is really good to elite.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote