View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #476
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
The Democratic party and media took a lot of heat on how they treated Bernie in 2016, so this is just a natural swing the other way where they give him lots of leeway so they don't look like they are doing it again. I don't see it as much more than that. Your two points are tertiary. Warren is running on a almost identical platform as Bernie and she has received less support (showing that its often about personality not the meta issues) and has faced much more scrutiny for her policies. (showing that people are willing to critique the policies when they aren't afraid of how it makes them look due to Bernie's history)

I will once again add that Bernie Sanders has still never actually bothered to join the Democratic party, so I'm really not sure why people think the party needs to play nice with him. But that's for another day I guess...
The DNC's corporate media backers have had their knives out for Bernie for months, exacerbated even further by Bernie publicly supporting CNN's unionized workers during their dispute with the company.

This is what's always made me laugh about the whole "left-wing bias in MSM" nonsense. You can call it a liberal bias, but it certainly isn't left-wing. Honestly, if Bernie gets the nom, I expect to see much more flattering coverage of Trump from CNN, NY Times, etc., leading up to the general election.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post: