View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 11:50 AM   #2
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really surprised that there's shaping up to be such a strong market for Lowry, and it's great for the Raptors. Still a chance that some team signs him into cap space, but the stronger the market is, the better the odds of the Raptors getting a S&T return. Like if a team like the Pelicans offers him 3 years at $30m, is Miami prepared to cut loose a lot of veteran free agents to match that sort of money?

Personally, I'm pretty high on Suggs. My main thing I'm looking for at the top of the draft is championship player archetypes, and (apart for offensive hubs with great size, like LeBron, Luca, potentially Cade), two-way elite PGs are one of the best. two-way big-men are also great which is why I'm also intrigued by Mobley, but I rank pure scoring SGs as a relatively weak and overrated archetype, and I'm lower on Green as a result.

If the Raptors draft Suggs and then acquire a good young C using some combination of Lowry/Boucher/Flynn/cap-space to acquire that C, I'll be really happy with that. Allen, Turner, Hayes, Achiuwa and Bagley are five guys I like, but if that sort of guy is unavailable, a second class of older, lower-upside bigs like Holmes or Noel should be gettable.

I'm skeptical on a Siakam trade. It needs to be on a similar scale as the Paul George package that OKC got. The rumoured GSW package is okay, and depending on who's there at #7 might be workable, but I haven't seen any other rumoured returns that make sense.

Last edited by octothorp; 07-26-2021 at 12:34 PM.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post: