View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 04:37 PM   #1
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2022 Toronto Raptors Thread

Starting a new thread in time for this offseason. A few thoughts leading to Thursday's draft.

1) If Lowry and DeRozan are contemplating heading to the Lakers, I hope the Raps stay away from any sign and trade. No point bringing in depth garbage to help the Lakers - let Lowry figure out his own contract benefits if it's the Lakers. With other teams I'm open to the S&T possibility.

2) Just based on skillset, Suggs seems like the solid pickup, but not the future superstar pickup. I'd be comfortable with it, but with today's rumor of Raptors interested in Jarrett Allen, the timing seems suspicious. If I were to guess is they're floating the rumor to give the impression they're going for Suggs, but I think they want Mobley. I really don't know what it would take but Cunningham looks like a stud, and it would be nice to get him somehow.

3) Though Masai should probably look to deal Siakam, I'm certain he won't. Athletically, the guy has the tools, but his confidence the past couple seasons has taken a serious hit, and I don't think he's the man to lead the team. Probably a great #2 or 3 on a team, but it looks like the Raps are all in on him in hopes it works out.

4) I hope the rumors that the Raps are trying to keep Masai, are true, and he signs soon. The team can't go the full year with this cloud hanging over them. Nobody knows what the holdup is, but I really hope ownership isn't playing total hardball with him - if it's partial ownership he's looking for, it's worth it, as he's more important than any player currently on the roster IMO.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post: