Thread: Cjsw 90.9 fm
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #15
Grimbl420
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My complaint boils down to this, many times listening to CJSW at home or especially in the car I'll hear a song I like. Sometimes I have to wait for 5-6 more songs for the DJ to come back on air, only to have them rush through the track list with no real idea of what song was what (if they even tell you at all). Sure I can phone, but that isn't always an option. If your running a station that's playing songs I'm most likely to hear only once on your station, you need to have a platform to get that info to your listeners. I really find that there is little to no excuse to not be doing this, even with the tech CJSW has currently. DJ's should be made to do it as part of having a show.

If jotted down the DJ would need to take 15 minutes after the show to type it up and post it. If they're typing it out as they go, it's as simple as copy and paste. Better yet have a pre built excel sheet open on the computer in the DJ booth like the one below.

__ARTIST__________TRACK_____
ect....

It'd literally take 5-10 seconds to jot/type that info down for each track. Doesn't seem like it would take much effort at all, even if they're programming on the fly.
Grimbl420 is offline   Reply With Quote