View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 01:47 PM   #2576
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Alienware Oled finally came last week after almost a year of waiting to get it.

Man is oled a game changer. I thought going back to 34inch vs my Alienware 38 inch would bug me losing horizontal space. It turns out it was very easy to adjust and my FPS went up of coarse. My 3090 strix actually dropped 7 to 10 degrees depending on the game . Super happy I pulled the trigger when it dropped. The wait was well worth it. The 38 was a nice moniter but I hated some of the it's glow in certain scenes and I often play in a dark room.

Luckily none of these things I notice bugs my wife so she's super happy for upgrade since she has a hybrid home /work schedule . She also love how emerssive her games are now.

I also pulled the trigger for a 3080 12gb strix card to replace the Aorus xtreme 3080 rev 1.0 card. In the wife's system. The aorus is noisy, run pretty hot by comparison like 85c the software dosen't recognize it (typical gigabyte bull####) and the card being 1.0 rev any time it substains anything close to 1980mz it will crash. Even with new bios It was between a the strix or tuf 3080ti. I couldn't really justify the tuf 3080ti as is on average is only 10% better for 300 bucks more . I think the extra 2gb will be worth it on a card that runs very cool
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote