View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 12:27 AM   #2596
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
The writing has been on the wall for a while that this team wouldn’t be getting in

I think we are in sports fan psychology area now. That’s a resigned loser view, in terms of the enjoyment of the current season

The fate of the team has been in its own hands, with 5 out of 7 against the team it can quite reasonably catch, Montreal

Some people just don’t live with that loser mindset, much less the out loud admitted loser mindset

As unlikely as the team is to get in, there are plausible pathways, and some people prefer to approach it with a positive mindset

And the team has the ability. Plus the coach who has done it, and we all know the time is ticking

Even if the payoff is unlikely, I truly don’t relate to the position that success just can’t be expected to happen

Why do people with this mindset even waste their last remaining days watching an inevitable zeppelin crash? For the increased probability of a good draft pick?

Ugh. Punishing. I understand statistics and probabilities and genuinely feel pity here

Then on the flip side, the probabilities are at that level the problem and the buck stops somewhere
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: