View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 09:02 AM   #39
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I know it's easy for me to say. That said, I think Stajan is a good guy and he'd try to help the team. The way I look at it, as of the end of this season he has no contract, so he either has to sign with another team or re-sign with Calgary (or retire). So at this point a trade has much less impact on him than it would have last year or the year before.

Plus, for the rest of the season he'd almost certainly be playing for a team that's PO bound and which wanted to put him in a useful role. If he's wanting to extend the career, he needs to be showcased. Also, he's so close to 1000 games, he may want a team that's not going to sit him, like last game.

ETA: I bet a lot of the teams he'd name on a NTC list wouldn't be a trade destination anyway.
I think your over-valuing Stajan. I doubt Stajan will be traded because it's unlikely there will be much or any demand for him at the deadline. If other teams think he could be a useful depth centerman for them then surely the Flames would keep him around for the playoffs in case injuries occur.

95% likely he will finish the season with the Flames and his NHL career will most likely be done after that. By the end of this season he will have played around 1000 NHL games. A very solid NHL career.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote