View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #21
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCharles View Post
Outside of trading Brouwer, which seems unlikely at this point, the only roster moves, that seem feasible, are trading Stajan or demoting Freddie.

I can see why both moves are difficult to make considering Stajan is loved by his teammates and if an injury or two at centre occurs it would be nice to have Stajan as a safety net, given his ample experience, even though you do have Monahan, Backlund, Bennett, Jankowski, Lazar and Hamilton all with the ability to play there. On the other side of it Freddie is fine being a player that rarely plays and his brother is another aspect that should still be considered even if not all that much.

You don't want to have a player like Lazar as your 13/14th forward as he needs to play to develop and players like Brouwer and Stajan might not be overly thrilled about being put in that position. Furthermore, in Brouwers case you need to let him play because he is still one of the best 12 we have at the moment and you don't want to diminish him as an asset any more than has already been done.

If it was my decision, much like Haynes, I would go with:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Jagr
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Versteeg
Ferland-Lazar-Brouwer
Glass/Hamilton

Stajan is important to the team but if Jankowski is on the team you don't have enough regular spots for him, Lazar, Brouwer and Stajan. Jankowski and Lazar need to play and Brouwer is here whether we like it or not. These are our best 12 forwards.

As much as I've liked Glass in the limited role he has been given Jankowski should have been the priority. I will give Treliving the benifit of the doubt and assume he is working hard on a solution but Jank needs to be up here by the 10 game mark, in my opinion, for this to not be deemed a miscue.
Glass has been very good playing his role to a tee. Hitting, chirping and just being a nasty presence. Really can't see moving him if he can keep up the effort. Like that they are shifting around the fourth line types as well. Brouwer is playing way better than last year. He is physical again and good on the PK and the PP. Hamilton works as the extra / Stajan is the move but they can't shaft the guy after his years of service. Trading him seems tough but they could make a move for a similar guy they have no connection with and the dump him.

Last edited by St. Pats; 10-15-2017 at 07:50 PM.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote