View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:52 PM   #374
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Toughest series to watch in my 30 years of following the flames... Pretty depressing actually with the oiler surging with all their handouts.

I just wonder what's next for the flames, core is ok but I don't see a cup contending group, no blue chippers left although you may have some ok depth/role guys in janko, gillies and the two young dmen (I know everybody is high on parsons but he's years away at best).

No 2nd rounder (and I think no 3rd? Maybe that's next year) and their first will be a project picking so late. So improvements will have to be through FAs or trades. Team needs a tougher more tenacious 4th line, another scorer up front who is an upgrade on Versteeg to play with Bennett and Lazar and give us another 1C/2C line (as this team will clearly have to score by committee imo) a top 4 dman, new bottom pairing and a goalie or two.

And filling those slots with cast offs or just coming back with the same group and bishop in net will definitely find us back here again next year at best.

Do you try to find an overhaul trade and move Gaudreau for another young star who fits better maybe to alter chemistry? Package up 3 or 4 of our best non NHL assets for a possible star prospect with a higher ceiling?

Off seasons were a lot easier with top 10 picks and multiple 2nds. I think this is gonna be a long summer.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote