View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 11:22 AM   #604
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Mixed bag.

Belize... good draw.

Next round, you start with one team you should beat (although harder than I would have liked in El Salvador or Curacao) or you don't deserve to go on. Avoided Jamaica and Haiti, but missed the powderpuff teams. No complaints.

Then Honduras, probably at their weakest point in 10 years will be our competition to get in the hex, never seen them play as bad recently as they did at the gold cup. They seem to have to field more and more domestic players lately. Trinis would have been nice but Panama would have been the worst outcome, they are getting better every year and have a cohesive group. Again no complaints.

The wildcard I like is that Honduras will have much harder games than us in El Salvador - those countries ####ing hate each other with a passion.

Mexico is notoriously bad in the early rounds of these things, I think they are a better draw than the US, although still heavy favourites.

I'd give Canada a 35-40% chance of making the hex. It'll come down to the home result against Honduras again, unless El Salvador trips them up or Mexico coughs up points.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote