View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 11:50 PM   #52
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

A few years ago a security system sales guy came to the door. I didn't want to be rude so I listened. He asked some questions, one was "Do you know your neighbours well?" I answered that incorrectly and said "Not, not well". He continued to talk to me and then came back to my neighbour and said, that they were just broken into a week ago and even though they had security cameras setup, the police wouldn't look at them because they were just web cams that the homeowner setup himself and not from a professional security system. I wasn't going to buy and I finally got the guy to leave.

A few months later I was talking with my neighbour and I asked him about the breakin.... "What break-in?". It seems that they were never broken into, and they don't even use a webcam. Huh. How about that? Over the next few months I talked to other neighbours and I couldn't find anybody who had ever been broken into. Cars, yes, but not houses.

I moved to a new home and this area gets way more door to door security sales. I listened to Vivint once and told him no. He came back a week later to arrange an install date since I had time to rethink my decision... nice try, but get lost!

Once I opened the door to Direct Energy. He came at lunch time and sometimes Canada Post rings the doorbell to drop off a package so I opened the door and I saw a guy wearing a Direct Energy shirt. Before he could finish saying hello I said "No" and slammed the door shut.

Haven't had energy sales for a couple of years, but I still get security and student painters a couple of times per year.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote