View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 09:53 AM   #3208
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I really have little patients for people who think they are edgy by being critical of good movies, saying they are cookie cutter and lack depth, there are a lot of good and original ideas or innovative presentations that come out of the high appeal movies. A major part of film as an art form is entertaining and engaging people and DC has gotten some many kicks at the can they just don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, poor production quality, poor story arcs, poor casting, lack of respect for the source material, and more concerned with a superficial feeling of being edgy than presenting anything resembling character development.

Until I see otherwise, I pretty much expect this to be that.
I'm sorry but some Marvel movies are just cookie cutter. They aren't all good.

DC has made several movies which I would put far above the cookie cutter Marvel movies: The Dark Knight Trilogy (2005-2012 and the MCU started in 2008), Shazam, and Joker.

People aren't saying they disliked Iron Man 3 or Captain Marvel for the sake of being edgy. They just weren't very inspired movies.

You are also lambasting people for detracting from the Marvel brand, just for the sake of it. Meanwhile, you are stating that this new DC movie is awful, before even having seen it. And yes, making a movie with more mass appeal, particularly in the genre of sci-fi, often does result in a worse movie. Once again, I'm not really concerned with how much a movie appeals to elementary school kids.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: