View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #19
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Cool?

Gotta say, I've been pleasantly surprised by him. Almost impressed. Sure the debt spiral is a problem, but he gets a passing enough grade for me to not care about all this publicity stuff. At very least I'm glad he's representing us to the world.
Not necessarily a direct question to you, but I somewhat share this sentiment so thought I'd ask a general question to all;

Without getting into the vast amount of topics covered in the Canadian Politics thread, would Trudeau's image outside of Canada/representation of Canada and Canadians, make you forgive him for any kind of policy decisions made in Canada when it comes to election time?

For me, I think I may be leaning this way. I'm not 100% impressed with some of the decision he and his caucus have made, but I'm starting to think our very strong international image at the moment overrides the things he has done which irritates me. Some people would check off "extremely unimportant" on a poll asking how you feel about world image so wouldn't care. But, I feel global image and relations are very important. It doesn't hurt having Trump as point of comparison for Trudeau, but I do have to give him a tonne of credit for how he is representing us.

Great article by the way. I thought it was really well balanced.
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote