View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 12:08 PM   #15
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I think BC more than most provinces would benefit from some form of PR or MMR.

That's a pretty silly/uninformed thing to say. You might not agree with their policies but I can think of quite a few things off the top of my head (i.e. renter's tax credit, elimination of student loan interest, etc.) that have nothing to do with unions.

I could definitely see that happening but your last statement isn't really relevant. The Mainstreet poll in the link below actually outlines the differences when accounting for undecideds. I think the big factor in this election, much like the last federal election, is going to be voter turnout. Anything above 60% likely means a new government, and anything below 55% means another Liberal government.

http://vancouversun.com/news/politic...ore-voting-day
You're making assumptions about those sitting at home. The majority of those sitting at home are in the camp of people who don't like Clarke, but don't see an alternative that motivates them to vote against her. If voter turnout is low, it's due to a failure on the other parties to motivate.

Not voting is the strongest way to send a message to the political parties that what they are doing is wrong. At this point I probably will not vote. I am well informed of the issues and that voting is a privilege...but what's being offered is absurdly bad. If I do vote it'll likely be for a fringe party. The only thing that may sway me is a party presenting a concrete plan to deal with a major issues, for example housing and real estate prices. As property owners form the majority of the voting base I don't see any party doing that anytime soon.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote