View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 09:47 AM   #2799
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
It will be tough to compare the new club with places like Glencoe and Winter Club. I've never looked at Winter but I had considered Glencoe about 15 years ago when they had a wait-list available. The reason why I don't think they are comparable is because of the scale of the clubs. The existing facilities have larger footprints and offer a lot more facilities including bowling, skating, climbing, curling, childcare, etc which the new club won't be able to offer.
Agreed, it seems the target demographic here is not going to be for families as it lacks all of the facilities you mentioned. The other problem is that families with newborn kids are the #1 demographic to join private clubs. The lack of free / close parking in close proximity is a huge turnoff for this demographic.

Weekends might be OK with the surface lot next to Millennium Tower, but don't forget that the stay at home parent demographic isn't going to pay ~$20 to park for lessons on a weekday 3x a week or push the Uppababy Vista stroller 2 blocks...

The last Y wasn't financially viable despite a growing population. I'm curious to know what's different this time round.

Last edited by I-Hate-Hulse; 03-29-2024 at 10:21 AM.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote