View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 07:09 AM   #157
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Taylor Hall (50% retained) and Lazar traded to BOS for Anders Bjork and a 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
There’s something to be said in that situation at least, for trading Iggy with some term left. This will be the situation with Gaudreau off season.

In Iggy’s situation Feaster probably should have gotten something firmer from Iggy pre-negotiations. In other words, we know from hindsight that both Boston and Pittsburgh were OK for him to go to. So why not ask him which cities were OK and then go negotiate, and in doing so create a bidding war between them. It seems like Feaster just made two independent bad deals and then presented them to Iggy.

I suppose when you think you’re a draft genius a late first is all you really need.

But in reality, Feaster can ask him for a complete list of teams he’s willing to accept a trade to, but Iggy would be crazy to give him such a list in advance. And list would be a tiered list likely.

I would say, “there are a number of teams I might consider, you bring me back the options, and I’ll choose from that list”.

Feaster brought back Pittsburgh and Boston, Iggy chose Pittsburgh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by The Cobra; 04-17-2021 at 07:11 AM.
The Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote