View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 05:03 PM   #39
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I view Lias Andersson as having very little offensive upside. Not sure I'd even give up a second for him.
I would be interested to see a study done on how the type of trade where team A gives up a 2nd round pick for Team B's former first round pick tends to work out.

Off the top of my head I can think of the Flames trading Baertschi for a 2nd, than being the team who traded a 2nd for Lazar.

Flames were fortunate to get Anderson with that pick and ultimately what looks to be a better asset. In Lazar...they should have kept the pick.

So I see two examples where Team A just should have kept the pick. Need to think a bit more to see if Team A takes the other teams problem and get's that player to explode.

Andrew Cogliano wasn't a high pick and I don't think he was a bad producer, and Edmonton sold him for a 2nd round pick. But he pretty much produced at a similar clip in Anaheim. But I guess that's one case where the team who traded the 2nd won the deal..of course it was against the Oilers. Who are even more guilty of stupidity on the Griffen Reinhart deal.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 06-18-2020 at 05:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post: