View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #5
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Francis with Kerr: Who is going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
As I posted in the game take thread;

I think management probably doesn't have a specific list, but rather, just looks at the roster and sees too many passive and one dimensional players. I think selling high on Ferland would be prudent. But within the group that includes the likes of Johnny, Monahan, Hamilton, Brodie and Sam- I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of those dealt. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was a stunner involving Hamiltion or Johnny.

I know people don't like the notion of trading Johnny. And he is HIGHLY entertaining. But I see him as an opportunity to really address the overall asset void in the organization if you can get someone to really pay up to get him. And I'm not convinced he's a guy you win with.

Definitely don’t want to see Johnny traded, but it would be a whopper of a return. I think the Sabres, tired of rebuilding, could put together an absolute beast of a deal to land someone like Johnny.

Not to exaggerate but something Tree needs to be very careful about is managing the culture of the team. He can’t allow what set in up in Edmonton to set in here. You can’t fall in love with your own players, and you can’t make trades out of emotion.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote