View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #310
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I think one thing that needs more consideration is the fact that calling the cops to deal with this sort of situation is not an option in rural Saskatchewan. Even here it's 15-20 to get cops in and around Priddis. It's very common and quite frankly logical to have guns at your disposal. Maybe self defense and castle rights should be a little different than in areas where people are more commonly entering your property and where cops are more available.

I think there needs to be some consideration of the fact that accidents with guns happen all the time. Cheney shot his hunting buddy in the ass. Every single year people shoot each other accidentally for a number of reasons. It's not that wildly uncommon. Should he have used a newer gun with better ammo? Yes. Is it illegal not to? Maybe. The guy is still charged with careless storage of a firearm. So maybe.

I do find it interesting that the narrative of some kids just looking for help with a flat tire has been thoroughly abandoned.
Just to elaborate on this, I grew up less then 3 km outside of Red Deer. In the 20+ years I was there I think we needed the police 3 or 4 times. The quickest time being 45 mins.. And that was when I was home and someone was trying to break into the house at night...

Don't get me started on fire response..
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote