View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #40
Trey Wingbat
Draft Pick

Well, I encourage anyone to get OTA to do so to see the uninterrupted feed if they are in range. That way CTV can't interrupt and force their "rights" upon you. Others have gone to other means as well to get their signals to escape simsubbing as they are just plain sick of it.

And don't forget the title of this thread is "CTV hijacks SuperBowl"... I mean, the title even implies they take over the feed and keep us hostage in our own homes when trying to watch American channels, leaving us no choice but to watch them. It may have been this way for a long time, but I think there's more people starting to understand all the rules and nuances of simultaneous substitution, especially via the Internet and various online forums, and more and more people are becoming more upset. A lot of people have just had enough with botched simsubs and shows being cut off, and now with HD simsubs, the audio / video not being passed through properly after a simsub takes effect.

But I really can't see the CRTC trying to control the Internet... that just reeks of communist dictatorship.

Last edited by Trey Wingbat; 01-09-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Trey Wingbat is offline   Reply With Quote