View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:
Default Own This World: iPhone & WP7 Game

I hope you don't mind a moment of shameless self promotion. I know there's a app thread but I was hoping this wouldn't be buried in there.

Myself and two friends have been working on a new iPhone game over the last few months. It was accepted into the App Store tonight, just in time for Christmas.

The game is called "Own This World". We classify it as a geo-dependent online game. Basically, it's like a cross between Risk and Civilization but uses the phone's GPS to determine your location and what "territory" you're in. The goal is to try to take over as many territories as you can so you can Own This World.

Calgary Puck exclusive world:
World Name: CalgaryPuck
Password: oilerssuck

Here's the description from our website.
Often described as "Real life meets RISK"

Battle for your own neighbourhood as you nuke, blitz and propaganda your way to ruling your city, continent and even the world!

Own This World is a massively multiplayer location dependent game where the real world map has been split into millions of territories that you compete for with players that are also physically in the same area. Your rank in the world climbs as you claim territories. If you have the most you are crowned the ruler of the World.

Owning territories allows you to accumulate resources (gold, manpower, food & supplies) which in turn allows you to attack other users in your current territory.

Compete against the entire world or buy your own personal world for you and your friends.

Create or join an Alliance so you can your friends can take on the world together.

View the state of the world at www.ownthisworld.com
Download it directly from iTunes or visit Big Nerds in Disguise for more details.

If you have any comments or questions I would appreciate any feedback.

Here are some screenshots:

Last edited by KTrain; 05-26-2011 at 03:54 PM.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post: