View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #268
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
The tournament has tremendous value for each of the teams, I would think. Also, most (if not all) of the teams around the league now participate in one of these. Because it is useful.

The fact that different teams have different criteria and different goals/purposes for the event is irrelevant. As long as the games are reasonably competitive (no one would want to see lopsided blowouts), who cares what each team is trying to accomplish with their prospects?

It is an opportunity to see some young guys play, and a chance for them to show the organization what they've got.

How is that a problem in any way? How has it lost its value? Absolutely bizarre take.
Very good points... I guess its not the Flames fault that the fans take some significance of an AHL laden team actually looking better than a junior team.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=163691

From the comments on that game it would seem that the Flames have at least 4 prospects NHL ready because they are better than the Canucks players that have not yet turned pro.

I did not see any analysis that the Flames must be in prospect trouble because the Jets and Oilers not yet pros were competitive.

Not what the Flames management was likely getting out of the games so I guess no real harm done.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote