View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 07:49 AM   #1106
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
Jimmy Stang & I got our hands on two singles in section 200 for the June 22 game against Forge. We are leaning towards heading to the Rose & Crown (we both live in Tuscany, so we have a day of travel no matter what) with the hopes of catching the bus.

Shermanator, any advice around the recommended time to arrive at the R&C for a 4:00pm Saturday kickoff at Spruce Meadows? How are seats on the bus allocated? I believe I read earlier that the Foot Soldiers have priority on said bus (which makes perfect sense) but we'd both like to buy you a beer if you can help show us the ropes and assist us in arriving to the game on time!
The bus leaves 90 minutes before kickoff and the pub usually does a 15 minute last call. If you want food, I'd recommend to come to the bar around 12:30 or 1 as the place will be pretty busy as we get closer to kickoff. Otherwise 1:30 or 2 should be okay. Also paying your bill after you've finished ordering can help with the rush to get bills when the bus shows up.

The best advice I can give is just to mingle with others that are there if you can.

As for any allocation, I was mostly trying to ensure that anyone in the group had a spot on the bus. We have not yet had an issue where anyone was left behind. We did have a bus with 70 people on it a few weeks ago, but now that we have 2 busses on weekends, it should not be a problem. We can seat 96 comfortably and about 130 uncomfortably. The bar manager will give out tickets to the bus but I've never seen the bus check for tickets.

No beer needed for the advice but I'm sure I will accept one.

Last edited by shermanator; 06-18-2019 at 08:35 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post: