Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Now you're getting it.
Shame you aren't.

Quote:
When your views are categorized a certain way, you bring up your children as proof point that the categorization is unfounded. That is using them as a shield.
That is not what happened. Go back and read it again.

Quote:
There's plenty of room of subtlety. You're confusing a lack of room with your lack of ability to make use of it. That's nobody else's fault.
So you misunderstand me because I am unsubtle? Doesn't that mean you're an idiot?

Quote:
Where did I say that? This is an extremely poor read, especially for someone who mocks others for reading comprehension. The point was the exact opposite, that people on CP are actually real people you can have honest conversations with, not a mindless internet mob/stand-in for rage culture. You want to write everyone here off that way because it's easier than engaging honestly.
Isn't it annoying when someone else deliberately misunderstands you?

Quote:
Because we can't banish all beliefs that do harm we shouldn't try to banish any of them? I think "the entirety of human condition" would disagree with you, considering our history is full of growth, education, and evolution, with a lot of positive change made by recognizing and confronting harmful beliefs.
Banish? No. Learn from? Yes. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. We need the bad set to sort out the good set.

Quote:
Reimer hasn't caused a crisis of culture resulting in deep wounds, you're mischaracterizing the position others are taking because you refuse to engage with the honest, more nuanced positions people hold, which is hypocritical.
Ok, fine. I've assessed the prize. You win.

Quote:
No, we mean we're inclusive of all those people and ideas that are also inclusive. That should be obvious, no? What are you struggling to understand and how can we help?

Ideas and beliefs that are the antithesis of inclusivity cannot be included in inclusivity. It's like saying to create a truly loving environment, you have to love hate. It's not nuance, it's naive.
Some guy a while back used to preach "love thy enemy". I think he was on to something, but you probably think he was just naive. You appear to have more in common with the flawed movement that followed.