View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #127
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported_Aussie View Post
I like that Peters is not forcing what does not work. It is important to this team that Neal gets going, as his role is to be the lead secondary scorer behind the top unit. Last year this team lived or died based on the top line, and we saw where that got them.

With Czarnik having chemistry with Tkachuk, and Lindholm fitting in perfecty on the top line, two lines are settled.

Dube getting a shot at centre gives Peters a look at how he translates his preseason to the NHL. Dube's best was when he was at C, and if he carries that over, you leave him there and then Ryan or Jankowski can go to the wing. If he doesn't do well, you call up Stockton's in-form forward and send him down - and if that is not a centre, then Jankowski and Ryan are your 2 centres behind Monahan and Backlund.

If Dube does well, I would love to see Bennett - Dube - Neal and Frolik - Jankowski - Ryan as the 3/4 lines. Only weakness is that the Dube line is all left shots, and neither Bennett nor Dube are as reliable on draws as Ryan or Jankowski
A strength though is if you need an adjustment, Ryan can move into C, Frolik can switch wings - you have options. That 4th line would be a great defensive unit too
I don't think this is as much an issue at forward, except for guys who really need to protect the puck while entering the zone, like Johnny. Neal doesn't mind RW, so it's not an adjustment. I also think that Dube will become good at faceoffs. It's been a strength of his previously and he's an intelligent player, so I'm betting he has that as a goal.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote