View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 04:55 PM   #30
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love Disneyland and have been a few times with my kids recently. They are a bit older than yours but not that much. Here are my tips

1) be there for when the park opens, hit the exciting rides, then back to the hotel around noon. Rest up, use the pool, then back at night. Stay late. The heat of the day is really tough on the kids as the lineups seem longest then and you're in the sun. That was the toughest part on them.

2) buy the Disney Photopass package. This means every ride photo and all the professional photographers around the park will be included in digital images. You probably don't need to bring your own camera (but we did anyways). The best photos were the ones on the pass though.

3) characters are THE BIGGEST DEAL. I'll never forget when my oldest met Cinderella for the first time. She was 4. Literally a dream coming true in front of your eyes. So it's worth the lineups to meet whomever - princesses, super hero's, etc.

4) goofy's breakfast was a good time. Ariel's breakfast was mehh.

5) the evening parade isn't bad - do it once - and be prepared to sit on the ground with thousands of others. That said, when your kid's get looked in the eye by their favourite character and waved at, or when Mr Smee gives them a high 5, their minds get blown. Lots of fun.

6) bring good walking shoes. You'll be on your feet a lot.

7) we found a good strategy with the kids is that they get 1 toy from Disneyland, to be bought on the last day. That way they can look but don't beg and plead everyone a cool looking toy walks by.

8) go online and order groceries to be delivered to your hotel room. Order in advance and have the delivery time for a few hours after you expect to arrive. Order bottled water, granola bars, apples, etc. Not a lot, but it helps save some $$$ when everyone has the munchies.

I'm jealous of you to be honest. My kids going at that age are some of my favourite memories as a parent.

Good luck!

Last edited by killer_carlson; 10-25-2017 at 04:58 PM.
killer_carlson is offline   Reply With Quote