Thread: Gluten
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
Are peanut allergies trendy as well? If you have an intolerance to a certain thing, then you have an intolerance. I've never heard of this trendy thing before for food allergies. I certainly wouldn't choose to eat more expensive food and always concern myself with how food is prepared, what it touches...etc.

Note, I'm not celiac, I just have family members who are.
No - but unlike a peanut allergy the average random (and it's usually chicks) can complain that they're tired and lacking energy and that's why they're so useless because of this new found sensitivity to wheat that their holistic super naturopath told them about and now they can't eat anything like that and that's why their 20-30 lbs overweight.

I've heard it about a dozen times from people who were perfectly fine months before and suddenly were enlightened by some Dr. of the herbs that has discovered why their fat and lazy.

As well, with regards to:

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't choose to eat more expensive food and always concern myself with how food is prepared, what it touches...etc
You might if you were lazy and needed an excuse for why you're too tired to go to the gym or get some exercise.

It's like the "thyroid problem" of the 80's. Everyone who was fat back then had a thyroid problem.

In the 90's it was because . . . Well I can't think of a good reason for being fat in the 90's maybe it was cooler to be fat.

Now it's because you're a celiac... or a celica, I'm not sure how it's spelt. Celica's were cool in the 90's too. That's probably where the confusion came from.

Disclaimer 2. I'm referring to people who have suddenly out of nowhere decided they have a wheat allergy or are celiacs when they've generally been fine for 99% of their prior lives. They've usually determined this after attempting to lose weight or going to see some crackpot holistic dr. or some combination of both. Generally these people are women who have also at some point been yogi's, failed vegetarians, believe in chiropractors, and read the secret.

If you are a true celiac I feel bad for you as that's got to suck!

Last edited by ranchlandsselling; 04-08-2012 at 10:24 PM.
ranchlandsselling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ranchlandsselling For This Useful Post: