View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 03:44 PM   #3202
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I am as bitter about the result as anyone but besides from a wonky spring fall split and a lame trophy has the league been bad. Attendance seems fine, quality of competition seems fine, parity could use work and more teams would be nice.

It has to be that OSEG wanted special treatment ie break and make rules and got none. Maybe that is Bob Young's fault but I don't think the league is 'unfair'.
The attendance has been good here, but in other places it's rather poor. I jumped at the chance to renew, but we all know that Spruce Meadows has done things well (including solving initial problems). Would I buy tickets in Edmonton/Winnipeg/Hamilton/York? Not a chance. Part of it is poor product, but part of that is horrific atmosphere.

And the actual structure of the league has to be changed. I still stand by my comment that this was a farce. It's ridiculous that based on a two-match final (that never should have happened in the first place) that Forge are champions and get everything that comes with that. We all know that the Cavalry were the true champions and best team in the league this season. If anything that should have been a two-game intra-squad game for the fans to enjoy and we could prepare for cup matches again next year. So yeah...I do think that the league has some work to do on that front!

And for gods sake, get a legitimate cup for a trophy. Let Forge keep that microwave plate or ashtray or whatever that was.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: