View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 10:48 AM   #50
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
In the pre-season.

And although I am excited to see what he can do, there is a reason why he has 5 goals in the NHL at the age of 25.

So I elect to be on the cautious side and not pencil him in like others here. Just because he had interest doesn't mean he is some special player.

Every draft pick every year has several teams interested. Really don't get the point you guys keep making. Tre signed him so he must be gold. Tre signed many other players too and some have been pure junk.
Did Peter's mention he was only talking about pre-season? If so, I didn't hear that.

Have you checked out his usage when he was with Boston? He played minimal time with 4th liners, very similar to how we used Mangiapane when he was up last year. The reason teams think he can pop is because Boston never put him in a role to succeed.

Nobody is saying "Tre signed him so he must be gold". The point were making is that he will be given an opportunity, especially at 1.25 million. The chances of Czarnik starting the season in the AHL are pretty much 0.

No one here is saying he is a sure thing, people are penciling him in on the second powerplay because that is likely where he gets his opportunity. It's the whole reason the Flames pursued him. That's the point we are making.