View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 04:14 PM   #1769
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
I don't know, there's always been that viewpoint. I personally see that he's continuing to push the sport and break new grounds like he always has. I could see the sport taking a huge step back without his drive

I agree. Fighting appears to be a shady business to start, but I think if Dana wants to clear the image of the sport, it's really not that difficult as it's within reach:
  • Become a little more professional in pressers - no need for endless cussing
  • Chastise cheaters instead of making excuses depending on if it's a star getting busted
  • Get rid of the WWE antics for fight promotions. Sure they work, but it's a cheap way of doing business, especially when people want to see bigger antics as time progresses. It's a slippery slope
  • Pay fighters better so you don't have public spats. I honestly don't know if they are willing to do this considering the price they sold the organization for, but it's something they should be doing

I like how the announcers (namely Rogan), have progressed over time. They're less about naming moves, and more talking about the strategy, and that's about getting people to slowly understand. Dana's getting older but he acts like a brat, and he needs to run the organization a little more professionally with standards. Right now it seems like he's part of the show, looking to pick arguments with reporters to keep them in line. It's a gong show some months.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote