View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 03:23 PM   #15
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Getting the 2 year diploma from SAIT is a great start. From there he can get work experience and work on getting certs depending on where he decides his interest truly is.

I went to Lethbridge College over 20 years ago and took their 2 year CIT program. I was certain I was going to be a developer and was going to transfer to U of L to get my degree but after doing my practicum I quickly realized that Tech Op Support was where my strengths were and what I preferred to do and I also needed to get busy working due to life changes that happened mid way through my program. So I gained experience at a mom & pop shop until I found myself at my current company where I've been for the last 18 years. I haven't needed to get any certifications for my job with my current employer but I do take online training courses to keep myself feeling like I still know a thing or two about what I do.

For someone starting out in this era, they will likely need to get certifications to make themselves stand out in the job market.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post: