View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 04:23 AM   #101
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
He’s got 4G and 2A in 5GP. Wtf more do you want him to do? Jesus Christ.
It's not consistent tho and when the play gets physical he just dumps it in . He's not able to play a physical game which is why he is inconsistent. It's nice he has 6 points in 5 games but he hasn't sustained that pace in years. Maybe he does this year but this is one ####ed up year yet again that may cause another outlier . I would like a more physical top line. This team plays a ton of dump and chase for the past decade. It would just be nice to have more high end players that can do that. Like I said Johnny hears skates and it's a useless throw away into the corner ot deep 8n the corner no chance shot .

Iggy once told Conroy " you dump it in you go get it this isn't the fourth line anymore" maybe the Monahan and whoever's on that line get better zone time if they are not always having to do the hard lifting. It's probably the reason Lidholm has looked stronger this year becas6 years past him and Monahan have had to do all the heavy lifting to feed Johnny because he can't even board battle. Johnny had 2 goals to night but he was wide open no preassure near him. I'd rather trade him and a sweetener for a skilled bigger player so Monahan could be more of a trigger man than puck retriever.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 01-27-2021 at 04:30 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote