View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #1729
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think the people who've never driven through those places that are the ones puttering along slower than every one else. I don't blame them because the scenery is quite a distraction (as long as its within a few kms below the limit at the slowest). So they're likely oblivious to the locals who are trying to get to their invermere cabins in 2.5 hours. Thankfully, I have noticed they are accommodating when you're trying to get around them. I don't get mad at slow goers on the single lane highways out there cause every kind of traveller is going to be sharing those and its not their fault that there aren't more lanes to accommodate people with different timelines. As long as they see you and anticipate you're going to go around. If they're speeding up and slowing down and making it difficult to do so then that's not cool, but I at least down encounter too many of those sort.

I hope eventually we expand the 93 to radium as well as through to jasper. The stretch heading north can feel treacherous in the winter with how narrow it is and all the busses and campers that you need to pass along the way. It's rarely in ideal condition in the back half of winter.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote