View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 09:07 PM   #1266
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalTates View Post
While I disagree with the overall premise of needing armed police presence at school, and I think Cruz misspoke (or is an idiot) about having one door, I do agree with him about having the backdoors locked.

This is something that even 1990 Canadian schools were doing. All doors locked from the outside except the main entrance which (usually) passes by the administrative desk. At the end of recess/lunch, some snot-nose goodie two-shoes holds it open until everyone is in. Stragglers had to go to the front and got scolded. I have to imagine that school security has only got more strict and I wouldn't be surprised to find out someone went against protocol to have that backdoor accessible by the shooter as is currently being reported.
I graduated in 2006 and I remember our school doors being locked all the time during school hours. After a major renovation, each entrance that was used was converted to a double entrance with both sets of doors locked, and all the single doors were converted into heavy duty steel doors with pry protection.

And this was in little ol' Pincher Creek.

This all goes without saying, but shouldn't actually be seen as the primary solution here.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote