View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 08:09 PM   #2903
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I was going to start watching the Ranch, but haven't gotten around to it, but after reading your review I might not bother, first of all because of Masterson being a monster, second of all I believe that when you write out a main character that the show is written around you should just kill the show.

I also wanted to make sure that all of you fellas and gals realize that the fourth season of Fuller House was uploaded on Friday, so you should all get on that.
i watched 3 episodes, i think its an archetype of whats wrong with sitcoms.

I've had a hard time putting into words what makes a bad sitcom to me. 1 dimensional characters, shots feel too staged and unnatural, and they seem to take the punch lines more seriously than the character stories.

For context I had a similar impression of all seasons of two and a half men, if that was your cup of tea you might like the ranch, but the popularity that show always confused me.

I haven't watch fuller house, and barely remember full house, so can't comment. but i think laugh tracks can work, Fraiser, Big Bang Theory... the situation is the joke, the Characters are the punch line and the laugh track is self awareness not a tool to extract extra laughter from an underwhelming joke.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote