View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #12
llama64
First Line Centre

Exp:

Simple site: Wordpress > all (quality of plugin code is often very hit and miss though)

If you want something more robust:

I've been working with Drupal for a few years now and it keeps getting easier and easier to use. Does take a good few months to learn how to use properly, especially if you're not a web developer to start out with (I've seen designers break down and cry over it). The latest release (Drupal 7) has gone a long way towards making the entire platform easier to work with. And if you delve deeper into the system, you'll find there are user groups popping up all over the place (such as: http://drupalcampalberta.org/). Calgary's Drupal community is steadily gaining momentum so support won't be hard to come by.

Never touched Joomla outside of a month playing around with it's predecessor (Mambo?) - hated everything about it. Seems more and more developers/shops are moving away from Joomla and embracing Drupal. Obviously I'm a Drupal fan boy, but the difference between the systems is largely flexibility and intended use. Joomla is supposedly easier to setup - but I still think Wordpress handles all simple sites far more elegantly then anything else out there.

As I heard it described recently, Drupal is the Justin Beiber of open source CMS.

Squarespace is atrocious, awful and evil. Use DrupalGardens.org instead.

Last edited by llama64; 02-18-2011 at 10:01 AM.
llama64 is offline   Reply With Quote