View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 05:22 AM   #6649
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanTrev View Post
Respectfully disagree. Or wait... Did you post that in case chia sees this? In that case Wideman is able to play a physical game,he hits hard. Ask Don Henderson. Hum.,... To soon? But seriously, he's slow, and totally unable to put his "howitzer shot" on target. Couple that with the pervcived or real Wideman effect with the refs, I can't see him getting a contract next year. As for Edmonton, I imagine that he's close to a decade older then the average age of the team. Can't see this being a fit, but would absolutely LOVE to see the experiment. Kinda like a car wreck, hard to look away.
I 100% agree with this. Wideman is done in the NHL as a regular player. He's slower than molasses, can't play defense all that well, and can no longer get his best asset, his shot, to work for him. He still has some offensive instincts, but often puts himself WAY out of position to make an offensive play and doesn't have the wheels to come anywhere close to getting back in the play.

At this point, Griffin Reinhart is a better NHL player, and that's not saying much.