View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 07:20 PM   #25
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Ahhh it doesn't sound that far fetched to have someone paid off to start a fire in a vacant lot in the hopes of having a chance for a Cowboys tent.

I can confirm without a doubt the offers I and family/friends have had from crackheads and certain other social undesirables to commit arson on property owned in the Beltline. It's literally dozens and dozens of times.

We have a running joke among us all. "Joe will burn down the block for $200" "Man, I got Cliff here bugging me about bottles and can's from work here and lighting a matchstick with gasoline for $100" I'll usually counter with "Boys, we need some legit RELIABLE people here to do the deed, were talking at least $500"

Were all joking around of course but seriously what would stop a business from trying this? Like one poster said earlier, a few million dollars in revenue at stake here and the name Cowboys is literally synopsis with the Calgary Stampede and the entire "western hospitality" we sell to the hundreds of thousands of tourist who attend the event each year.

At worst your out a few hundred bucks in cash depending on who's doing the deed and how good your negotiating skills are and if your going with reliable people or not. LOL
Their conscience? The fact that it's a crime. WTF. What if someone was in that house and died? You think the Cowboys management just sat around a table and was like

"hey, we're going to lose our tent, what do people have for a new location?"

Senior Vice President of Events "Well, we could just burn this house down"

This is straight insane.