View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #47
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
I know the brewery was allowed to stay until early 2015 which lines up with that time line.
Whats happened to Stampede Station? They were trying to lease space in 08 right before the world ended, I remember seeing a financing package and then "poof it was gone".

same thing happened with that best buy on 17th, except I thought that was a bad idea both then and now

Stampede Station Phase I is fully leased but currently has a 37,130sq ft sublease through Genivar.

Phase II is currently subject to preleasing (likely 50% threshold) and is being by listed by Colliers. The site is owned by WAM Development but there has been little interest in the site over the past couple of years. There is too much sublease availability and upcoming headlease space downtown to have a major tenant take a position there. I don’t see anything happening there for a couple of years.

Colliers marketing brochure is: here

The Best Buy is located in Hanson Square (another Colliers listing) which is owned by Western Securities (fully private Landlord backed by the wealthy O’Connor family). We listed the office portion which has done exceptionally well but the Best Buy has been struggling since day one. Doesn’t help that they spent something like $100/sq ft to building out the space, which was mostly sunk into the escalator and signage. They are on a longer term lease, untied to the tenant sales performance, and are paying a high rate so WS doesn’t care much. I also don't see them selling the building anytime soon.

We have had some space come back in the building which shows quite well - particulars are below:

Hanson Square
  • Available Area: Third Floor: 7,692 sq. ft.
  • Term: 5-10 years
  • Net Rents: Market
  • Operating Costs: Estimated at $16.00 psf (2013 Budget)
  • Cash Allowance: Negotiable
  • Parking Ratio: Allocated at 1:540 sq. ft.
  • Available: Immediately
  • Ceiling Heights: 10.0’ to T-bar ceiling

More Info:
Spoiler!