View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #159
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
Doesn't have to be the AB government but having more Canadians on 'our' side couldn't hurt.

As for Extinction Rebellion, I'm not sure no one cares about them. The hundreds of thousands of people protesting worldwide suggests otherwise.

I guess we can agree to disagree but I believe a 'real world' example of the type of dramatic changes to lifestyles that society would have to confront to achieve what some activists want in less than 10 years rather than 25 or 50 years would open some eyes.
I think a ton of people care about them. Just not caring in a way that helps their cause. A protest is supposed to bring awareness to an issue and is generally supposed to be done in a way that gets the average citizen to be apologetic to their cause. Extinction rebellion on the other hand is doing the opposite. Most people barely understand what their protest is about and rather than getting the average citizen to be apologetic, they're turning average citizens against them by being a nuisance. Gluing themselves to things indiscriminately and disrupting commutes (including electric trains) is a hilarious glimpse into a poorly thought out protest.

The fact they are being this dumb and shooting themselves in both feet to the point of nearly no recovery is actually kinda amazing.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote