View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 10:48 AM   #7
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

For a lot of my life at home my Dad was an Insurance Adjuster and ran his own business. Like Jiri...that resulted in a lot of salvaged stuff. We had enough used hockey equipment to pretty much outfit an entire line. Eventually that work sort of fell away as Insurance companies got away from using Adjusters. We lived in Cranbrook for 8 years and he was always on the road as he pretty much covered an area from West of Creston, to Golden, and as far East as Crowsnest pass. He had a lot of car accidents which took a toll on him.

Eventually we moved to Kamloops so he wouldn't have to drive so much, but him and my brother were in a really bad one that nearly killed them in 94. After that he was pretty much done. He became a realtor but never made more than hobby money doing that, and occasionally did some handy man type work. Being a farm kid he knew how to build, and he could fix a lot of cars. His parents had both died by the time he was 16. So as a 14 year old he would skip the first month and a half of school to drive a fuel truck to deliver fuel to farms during harvest. He'd go back in October and catch up. These days people would be outraged and insist the this kid go into the system.

My Mom was a nurse, stayed home with my Brother and I when we were younger. Than for a lot of years she did a lot of clerical work for my Dad's business which in essence was the family business. As that died, she took a refresher course and went back into Nursing and was the one who ended up supporting the family in the later years.