View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #24
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Jets have been terrible no doubt, but they're looking downright scary to me this coming season.

Lots of scoring talent on that team, D looks really good. Only question, and similar to the flames, is goaltending. If Mason delivers they are a walk into the playoffs this year.
The Jets had the:
Center:
- 4th highest producing Center in Scheifele, and a decent #2 in Little who was top50 in Center points in the league
- decent depth in Perreault, Lowry,

LW:
- 7th highest scoring Left winger in Ehlers

RW:
- 4th highest in league in Wheeler
- 7th highest in league in Laine
- decent depth wtih strafford

Defence:
- 6th best scoring Dman in league in Byfuglien
- another top50 dman in scoring in trouba
- other solid guys like myers, enstrom, Morrisey

Goalies:
- haven't the jets had some of the "highest rated goalie prospects" in the game for several years now?! at least that's what i keep reading online over the years.

The jets have had the critical pieces to be good for years, and have disappointed regardless. They take dumb penalties every year, don't play disciplined at all. They have a coach who hasn't been able to address that, who has yet to get out more than the sum of their parts, and a GM too gun shy to do anything about any of it.

Until they decide to actually do something about that, i feel they will continue to disappoint. But, let's give them the award for best prospects, best group of players under 23 or whatever, but i'd be skeptical to bet on the NHL roster figuring it out.....
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post: