View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #25
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I had an extremely long evening there a few months ago trying a bunch of the fine scotches there! Fantastic selection. (and arguably one of the best steak restaurants in the city)
We go there for our annual firm summer time dinner retreat. Well, two out of three summers so far anyway.

There are a few scotch drinkers at my place of business and about 3 or 4 who didn't take a lot of prodding to give it a try.

To me, the difference between a good scotch and the one you probably tried when you were 18 is similar to the difference between the tequila shoot in a bar and the good stuff you sip down in Mexico. I'm not a tequila fan but after trying a few good varieties at a tasting in Playa del Carmen it really opened my eyes.

The first time I tried a good scotch was with a lawyer from Great Falls at a wedding reception. Until then it was all JW Red, Cutty Sark, J&B. There was clearly a world of difference.

Anyone who is at all curious about scotch should try to hit up a place like Buchanan's with excellent selection or, better yet, partake in a tasting at some place like Willow Park.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote